Saturday 14 December 2013

Back home & already cooking

The winter break is already here and I'm back in Spain for a few days. London's a fantastic city in many ways but there's nothing like home - here I feel like I know how things work whereas in London sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed by the many things that I'm not used to. Anyway, it feels great to be in the country of sun - not so much of heat as it's quite cold but that doesn't matter too much.

One of the things that  I love the most about Spain is the food - everything seems tastier, people are much more healthy in their eating habits and my mum's a great cook. So today I'll show you one of the many dishes that she makes: "Pescado a la Sal". It's basically a way of baking fish in salt and it's very very good - if you like fish, of course.











You'll need:

- 2 Seabasses
- 2.5 kg kosher salt
- 1 egg white


How to:

1. The seabasses should be cleaned (no intestines, etc.) but that's about it. Don't start cutting it or anything like that. They should be full. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.

2. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with a thick layer of kosher salt.

3. Place the two seabasses on top of the layer of salt.

4. Paint the seabasses with an egg white, previously whisked.

5. Fully cover the two seabasses with the rest of the salt.

6. Bake for around 30 mins or until the outer layer of salt is quite hard.

7. Take out of the oven and break the layer of salt. Serve with salad, potatoes or anything you want! I like it with a little lemon on top pero para gustos, los colores...








¡Que aproveche!

No comments:

Post a Comment